January 20, 2021
For int’l master students (class 2020) who expect to graduate in June 2022, their thesis proposal should be submitted BY APRIL 30 2021. Specific arrangements are as follows:
I. Students concerned: int’l master students of class 2020 who expect to graduate in June 2022. For the relevant requirements, please consult “Provisions for graduate degree granting of UESTC”.
II. Evaluation method
1. The evaluation will be held in form of report meeting, where students should present proposals with PPT in 10-15 mins. The supervisors are responsible for organizing the experts to evaluate.
2. The evaluation group will be made up of at least three experts in the discipline or similar disciplines with titles of associate professor or above; the supervisor could attend the report meeting as observer.
3. The deadline for submission (both the online registration and the hardcopy, Proposal Form-see Annex): APRIL 30 2021. This date will be considered as the basis for your mi-term evaluation(6 months after the proposal) and defense application(6 months after the mi-term).
Your submission of mi-term evaluation in
September will be rejected if the submission is later than APRIL 30 2021, which will ultimately affect the defense application in March 2022.
III. Evaluation process
1. Online registration: Students log in web site: yjsjy.uestc.edu.cn/gmis to apply for the proposal. (Please download guide file in QQ group.)
2. Consent of supervisor: the supervisors need to organize the proposal report meeting and then log in the system to grant the consent. (Students should ask the supervisor to consent after applying in system.)
3. Consent of the school: after the proposal report meeting, the students should submit the hardcopy of "Proposal Form"(with opinions and signatures of supervisor and three experts of the evaluation group) to School Graduate management office (Room 222, Main building, Shahe campus) by APRIL 30 2021.
IV. Evaluation requirements
1. All supervisors of int’l master students (class 2020) shall participate in the proposal evaluation.
2. The evaluation group is responsible for arranging the meeting and informing the students of time, place and related matters.
Attention: the thesis title in system should be exactly the same as the one in your final thesis; otherwise you will have to go through the Title change procedure when applying for defense.
Graduate management office
School of Information and software engineering